Monday 20 January 2014

DIY Acrylic Nails

While I was browsing through the Hair and Beauty category on Pinterest, I stumbled upon a very interesting post, which showed how to achieve acrylic nails at home. It looked promising and people reviewed it positively, so naturally I ran to the nearest shop and got the supplies.


Even though it is the middle of January, I decided to go for a bright pink nail polish. I thought it would contrast beautifully with my style, which lately has consisted mostly of black.



The products I used are:
·         Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps base coat/hardener
·         Flormar Neon Colors in N012 (Turkish brand, unfortunately not available in the UK)
·         Sally Hansen No Chip top coat





After applying one coat of the Hard as Wraps, I let it dry for about five minutes. Then I proceeded with two coats of the Flormar polish and finished off with one layer of the top coat. I personally love this colour and wear it all throughout the year. It is perfect for the summer months because it compliments tanned skin beautifully.


Now, I don’t know if my nail polish will last as long as acrylic nails do, but even if it manages to stay on for a whole week, I would consider it a big win. My nails definitely look very shiny and sleek and I love the luxurious finish they have. The best part is that the base and top coat are quite affordable, which is why I definitely recommend this method to everybody. Enjoy your beautiful nails, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment