Saturday 18 January 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Review

After a short and unplanned trip to my local Boots on Friday afternoon, I ended up getting the new Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in the colour 201 Classic Biege.  


It comes in a tube, so it can get a little bit messy the more you use it and that put me off a little bit. However, the quality of the product is so good that I am willing to let this one slide. The little tube is 30ml, but it is much more compact than other foundations, which makes it very useful for traveling or carrying it around in your make up bag.

I decided that it would be best if I applied it with my fingers rather than with a brush, because usually with mousse foundations I have noticed that by blending it into your skin using your hands you get the best coverage and most flawless finish. I was a bit worried that I hadn’t picked the right shade for me, because it looked very light compared to my usual Bourjois Healthy Mix serum in 55, but after applying it on my face and blending it in, it gave me the most amazing matte finish I never thought was possible to achieve without photoshop.

I am very picky when it comes to my foundations. The ones who work well with my oily/combination skin are not many, but I can definitely add this one to the list. I don’t know if it is as durable as the Bourjois one, but if you are looking for something that gives you a silky smooth finish, then I definitely recommend this one! It is very affordable as well, only £4.50, which is always an advantage in my opinion. 


So next time you are in Boots or Superdrug, definitely pick this one up. I am positive you won’t regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment