Saturday 8 February 2014

Face of the day: Daytime Green Smokey Eyes

The other day I did a Face Of The Day tutorial, which I quite enjoyed writing, so today I decided to show you how I got my wearable daytime smokey eye. I have always found the combination of beige, brown and green to be absolutely beautiful, both in clothes and make-up. I wore a cream jumper, dark jeans and a pair of nude wedge ankle boots, so I thought that a brownish green eye make-up would go perfectly with my outfit.

 


Products used:
  •          Rimmel Fix & Perfect face primer
  •          Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, shade 201 Classic Beige
  •          Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, True Ivory
  •          Essence Fix & Matte translucent loose powder
  •          Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing powder, 52
  •          Mod’s Hair eye shadow palette (I have swatched the colours I used below)
  •          Barry M brown kohl pencil
  •          Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara
  •          Burt’s Bees Replenishing lip balm
  •          Natural Collection lip pencil in Ruby Rose


I primed my face and applied my foundation using my fingers, as I always do with mousse ones. After that I put concealer under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on the center of my forehead and on any blemishes I had and set everything with a loose translucent powder. Next I finally contoured my face and blended everything together with a buffing brush to create a softer look.  I quickly filled in my eyebrows with a dark brown eye shadow and then I moved on to my eyes.

I started out by applying the golden shadow (shade 2) all over my lid, the coppery brown in my crease (shade 3) and blending out the harsh lines with the champagne shimmery colour (shade 1). I then patted on some of the dark green (4) in my outer corners and blended everything together with the pale green (5). Then I went back to the gold eye shadow (2) and put some of it on the inner half of my lower lashline and added the dark green (4) in the outer corner. After that I liner my upper and lower waterline with the brown kohl pencil, curled my lashes and put on a few coats of mascara. Finally, I put on my lip balm and lined my lips with the Natural Collection lip pencil.



If you are feeling inspired to include a little bit more colour in an everyday look, I definitely recommend trying this and of course, if you do recreate it let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment