Tuesday 11 February 2014

Superdrug Face Masks Review

On my last visit to Superdrug (you can check out the haul here) I picked up three face masks from the shop’s own brand. What a surprise, I bought face masks. Over the past week I have tried all of them and here are my thoughts on their quality.



  •          DeepCleansing Fruit Mask:  The first thing I noticed about it was the nice smell of peaches, and since that is one of my favourite fruits, I instantly liked it. It stung a little bit around my nose after I applied it but it didn’t show any signs of redness. It dried out fairly quickly and didn’t take me ages to wash it off, which I liked. It left my skin feeling soft, smooth and refreshed for a couple of days after that and did not cause any breakouts. The best part is that it and the other two are only £1 each. I will definitely repurchase this!

  •         TropicalCocktail Peel-off: This was the second one I tried and unlike the previous one I instantly hated the smell. It was a weird combination of coconut, pineapple and other tropical fruits and I really did not enjoy it, but if you like coconut then you will. It did not cause any irritations while applying or after that, which I liked, but be very careful not to put too much of it on your face (you can use the contents of each mask at least twice) or leave it on for too long though. I made that mistake and ended up almost in tears while peeling it off. The mask also left my skin feeling soft and smooth, but it also brightened up my face and helped with some of my acne scarring on my chin area. I am not entirely sure if I would buy this again just because I really hated the smell, but other than that it’s an excellent mask for the price.

  •          FruitSorbet Peel-off: The only difference I found from the other peel-off mask is the smell. This one reminded me of strawberries and raspberries, which contributed to the refreshing effect of the product. I did also find it a bit hard to wash it off because I usually use cool water, but once I tried with warmer it did the trick. I will definitely repurchase this one as well!


I hope you found this review helpful and let me know what you think if you try them or if you have any recommendations for affordable face masks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment