Sunday 23 February 2014

It's All About MASCARA

If you ask a girl to choose only three make-up products to use for the rest of her life, there is a big chance that mascara is going to be one of them. It is a logical decision, though; on lazy days when the only going out for me is food shopping, I don’t even bother with concealer or lipstick. Good mascara can widen your eyes and make them look bigger and more awake, which makes it the perfect go-to product when you’re not feeling like making an effort for your face.


In my opinion, the wand is the most important feature in a mascara. If you have long and voluminous natural lashes, like I do, it is most likely that a ticker wand works better for you and if you have thin lashes, thin wands are more suitable. I personally prefer the ones that have plastic bristles because they give me even more length, volume and definition, bringing attention to my eyes, which is usually the effect I am going for when doing my make-up.  


Here are some tips I have to getting great lashes:
  •          Carefully curl them. I actually do that depending on the mascara I will be using. If the formula is a bit wetter than usual I will skip this because it doesn’t give me as much length as I would like.
  •          Use a compact mirror and place it under your nose so that you are looking down into it. Open your eyes wide (and probably look quite scary to somebody who’s watching you) and apply the mascara from the root to the tips, wiggling it slightly. That way you get volume, length, avoid clumping and a stronger curl. When doing your bottom lashes, hold the mirror either at eye level or a little bit higher and repeat.
  •          When taking your mascara off at night, be very gentle. If you are using make-up remover wipes or a cleanser on a cotton pad, hold it over your eyes so the product can be absorbed and easier to take off, instead of rubbing it back and forth. That way you avoid losing half of your lashes and irritating the skin.



I have tried quite a bit of mascaras over the years and, of course, I have had some great ones and some bad ones. Those are the ones I love and would definitely recommend to anybody: 
  • Maybelline The Rocket Express
  • Maxfactor False Lash Effect/ Fusion (the packaging is the only difference between them)
  • L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes
  • Rimmel Glam Eyes (I think that it is discontinued, but I still see that there is the Glam Eyes with the black and gold packaging, which looks exactly the same to me)
Do you have any tips for getting great results with your mascara? What are your favourite ones? Let me know!


(You can find the sets along with  product information on my Polyvore page)

No comments:

Post a Comment