Saturday 22 February 2014

Face Of The Day: Gold Dust

Ever since I got the Naked 3, I haven't been able to stop trying out different looks with it (you can see my previous tutorial here). I am a big fan of gold eye shadow which is why Trick is one of my favorites in the set and I decided to use it as a base for this look.




Products I used:
  •          Rimmel Fix & Perfect face primer
  •          Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, shade 55
  •          Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, True Ivory
  •          Bourjois CC Eye Cream Colour Correction Concealer, Ivory
  •          Essence Fix & Matte translucent loose powder
  •          Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing powder, 52
  •          Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion (came as a sample with the palette)
  •          Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
  •          Barry M brown kohl pencil
  •          Maxfactor False Lash Effect Fusion mascara
  •          Burt’s Bees Replenishing lip balm
  •          Giordani Gold by Oriflame coral lipstick

I started out with doing my eye make-up so that it will be easier for me to clean up any fallout. Firstly I primed my eyes with my Eden primer potion, which I love and am seriously considering investing in the full size bottle. The first colour I used was Trick and I put it all over my lid, followed by Mugshot in the crease. After blending the harsh edges with a clean brush, I applied Dark Side in the outer corner and blended that out as well. As a highlighter on my brow bone I used Strange and in my inner corner- Dust. On my lower lash line I applied Blackheart and smudged it out to get a softer look. I followed that by applying a thin black liquid eye liner on my upper lash line and lining my waterline with a brown kohl pencil.

After that I moved on to my usual face make up routine and finished up the look by applying a generous coat of mascara and a bit of sheer coral lipstick.

I think that this is a beautiful look that can be worn both during the day and evening. All you need to do is intensify the outer corner and make your eyeliner thicker.  Let me know if you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment