Tuesday 18 February 2014

Sunday - Funday

After what was probably the most uneventful week of my life (which is why I barely posted anything last week), I decided that I should at least spend the only sunny day outside of my room. I knew that one of my best friends that lives in Central London hasn't been to Regents Park and Primrose Hill, which happen to be two of my favourite places in the whole world, so I called her and suggested that we go there for a long walk. I was so glad when she said yes that I spent the rest of the day planning out where we would go and what we would do. Naturally most of that didn’t happen, but we had an amazing day nonetheless!



We started our walk in Regents Park, admiring how pretty everything is, trying to escape the geese and pigeons, and slowly made our way to Primrose Hill. Once we started climbing up the hill we realized that it’s not as easy as it looks and by the time we got to the top we were both a bit out of breath. However, that was worth it because the view from there is so beautiful, it’s hard to describe.




After spending a good twenty minutes sighing and admiring the London skyline, we made our way to the Primrose Bakery, where each of us had a cupcake – I ordered the Pink Lemonade one, which was this month’s special, and my friend chose the Maltesers  one because she loves chocolate.I haven’t had many cupcakes that I liked, but this one was probably the best one I have ever tried. It wasn’t too sweet or too sour, wasn’t ridiculously big and gave me just enough energy to continue our walk.




Next we decided to go to Camden, which in my opinion is always a good idea, and take a look at the market, because I hadn’t been there before. It was quite full, so I couldn’t really see everything there was, but a few scarves did catch my eye.

After that we figured that we might as well continue walking all the way back to Central London, because it’s gonna be ‘such fun’. I am surprised my friend agreed to do this, but an hour and a half later we were on Oxford Street. Obviously we did a little bit of window shopping, but I definitely spotted a few things I would like to get my hands on, so once my spending ban (which I desperately needed) is over, I plan on going back there.

We were starving after all this walking, so we stopped to grab a bite at Pret A Manger. Finally my friend walked me to my tube station, where I said goodbye to her, but not before stopping to admire the beautiful sunset from Waterloo bridge and checking my phone to see how long we've walked during the day (yes, I have an app for that) and the result was quite shocking.



When I got back home I spent most of the evening complaining to my friends how tired I am, but mostly thinking about the lovely day I had! It kind of makes me want to go out more! Shocking, I know, but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment